Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 02:20:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>
Subject:   found device.

How do I make sure the bus is rescanned when a new target has appeared?

Whenever a new device is attached, I would like the SCSI bus to which it
is connected to be rescanned. The following code however doesn't do the
job it seems (FYI: All USB Zip drives are connected to 1 SCSI bus, bus
0).

Nick

static int
umass_cam_rescan(umass_softc_t *sc)
{
        union ccb *ccb;
        struct cam_path *path;
        struct cam_periph *periph;

        if (xpt_create_path(&path, NULL, CAM_XPT_PATH_ID,
                            CAM_TARGET_WILDCARD, CAM_LUN_WILDCARD)
            != CAM_REQ_CMP)
                return(ENOMEM);

        periph = cam_periph_find(path, NULL/*name*/);
        if (!periph)
                return(EINVAL);

        if (xpt_create_path(&sc->path, periph, cam_sim_path(umass_sim),
                    device_get_unit(sc->sc_dev), CAM_LUN_WILDCARD)
            != CAM_REQ_CMP)
                return(ENOMEM);

        ccb = malloc(sizeof(union ccb), M_DEVBUF, M_WAITOK);
        xpt_setup_ccb(&ccb->ccb_h, sc->path, 5/*priority (low)*/);
        ccb->ccb_h.func_code = XPT_SCAN_LUN;
        ccb->ccb_h.cbfcnp = umass_cam_attach_callback;
        ccb->crcn.flags = CAM_FLAG_NONE;
        xpt_action(ccb);

        return(0);
}