Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:54:17 -0400
From:      Jeff Lee <leejm@erols.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FBSD 2.2.7-R install problem, Buslogic SCSI controller card the cause?

My system is a P166 with a Buslogic Flashpoint LT PCI SCSI adapter at
0xFC00, and a Plexrot 6Plex CD-ROM at ID 2, a Conner 2 GB Wide SCSI
drive at ID 0.  I can boot from the floppy or cd, and do a kernel config

in CLI or visual mode, but when it starts probing devices, I do not see
bt0 (the ISA Buslogic device name, PCI too?) being probed anywhere, and
when I
try to select my install media, it says CD-ROM drive not found.  When I
just try to do any type of install, it days no HD found when it tries to

launch fdisk.  The only thing I could think of is that during the boot
after the kernel config, it sees a pci device (17) and assigns it irq 15

(it shouldn't, that is normally for my promise UDMA controller that I
removed for the install) and says [no driver assigned].  This has been
frustrating me for several days now. thanks in advance for the help.

Jeff