Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:25:20 -0400
From:      Mark Filipak <filipak@earthlink.net>
To:        tw@ettnet.se
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UDF CD-RW format (was: Re: mount)

Excuse the top-post, but I think this puts this issue to bed.

In off-list discussion with Nader Turki it appears to be Adaptec's
Universal Disc Format. I think this is the format used by Direct CD. It is
a session format that allows a CD-RW to be used like a floppy disc. It is
not any standard format. Adaptec has a UDF reader so that people who don't
have Direct CD can at least read these discs -- you can obtain it at
http://download.com.com/3150-2100-0.html?tag=stbc.gp -- but I doubt that
there is such a reader for FreeBSD.

Perhaps someone knows of a UDF reader for FreeBSD. Of hand, my advice
would be: Don't use Direct CD. If Linux is making CD-RWs with this format,
try to find a way to make it use a standard format, like ISO 9660 with
Rockridge extension (I think this is CDFS).

Hope this helps -- Mark
--
See my resume: http://home.earthlink.net/~filipak/resume/
See my music trade pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~filipak/music/