Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:03:09 -0600
From:      Reid Linnemann <lreid@cs.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest qemu upgrade seems to have fixed slirp problems in CURRENT

Written by Scott Robbins on 02/03/07 22:13>>
> As has been mentioned (errm, mostly by me) recent qemu upgrades seemed
> to have broken slirp in CURRENT, though not in STABLE.
>
> The upgrade, comitted today, I think, 0.8.2s.20070111_1 seems to have
> fixed the slirp issue.  Trying a Linux installation and a Damn Small
> Linux live CD image, I was able to reach the Internet using slirp.
>
> Ironically, since I've learned how to use tap networking (with many many
> thanks to Bakul Shah for his help and patience, I've found it more
> convenient.  Still, I'm glad slirp is working again, as it is convenient
> for quick test installs.

 From my experience, on FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE (circa 4/06) and 6.2-STABLE
(recent cvsup) I've noticed udp on slirp has been dead since at least
0.8.2s.20070111. The most recent port version 0.8.2s.20070203 still has
broken udp on 6.0-STABLE, I haven't yet tested on 6.2-STABLE. I've had
to resort to tap networking in the meantime as well. *shrug*