Date:      29 Jan 96 11:16:00 -0600
From:      kav@ihlpf.att.com (Kurt A Vangsness +1 708 713 1261)
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        mpf@marconi.att.com (Michael P Foley)
Subject:   Problems installing 2.1 CDROM

We are trying to install the 2.1 CDROM release on a SAG Pentium (Triton
motherboard) 133 Mhz, 16MB with the following hardware:

	Adaptec AHA2940W
	Sony CDU-76S SCSI-2 CD-ROM
	Segate ST15150W SCSI-2 hard drive
	SMC9332DST 10/100MB PCI Adapter
	Diamond Stealth 64
	Sound Blaster AWE 32 sound card

During the boot we notice that the probe for CD-ROM drive the following
is reported:

UNIT ATTENTION asc:28,0
not ready to ready transition: medium may have changed

Then, if we proceed with the installation, we can get into the installation
menu system and configure the FreeBSD partitions. When we continue with the
installation, we get a kernel panic when the installation trys to start
which appears to be from kern/kern_exit.c

	Thanks,
		Kurt Vangsness
		AT&T Bell Laboratories - Naperville, Il
		kav@ihlpf.ih.att.com

P.S. I noticed that there doesn't appear to be a way to look at the
kernel boot probe messages from the installation menu anymore. I remember
that an older version allowed you to do that and I found it very useful
in cases such as this problem. Is it still there but just hidden somehow?