Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2010 02:20:09 +0300
From:      Alexey Tarasov <me@lexasoft.ru>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange ZFS behaviour with transmission

Hello.

I have a machine with 4x1.5 Tb SATA disks (WDC WD15EARS). HDD's are in =
AHCI mode (ada).
I use root-on-ZFS with GPT and RAIDZ.

I have the following problem: when I run transmission torrent client on =
this server, the FS works very slow, all processes hangs in on of the =
zfs, zio, tx states.
According to gstat disk load changes very fast from 0 to 100%. After =
some activity of all disks there is 2-3 seconds of 100% activity of the =
4-th HDD. During this activity FS is inaccessible. I have already =
replaced this disk with new one and there were no effect.
Is this a bug or some wrong configuration?

/boot/loader.conf:
zfs_load=3D"YES"
ahci_load=3D"YES"
vm.kmem_size=3D2G
vm.kmem_size_max=3D2G
vfs.root.mountfrom=3D"zfs:zroot"
vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable=3D1

zpool status
 pool: zroot
state: ONLINE
scrub: none requested
config:

	NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	zroot          ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz1       ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk2  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk3  ONLINE       0     0     0

FreeBSD st4 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Mon Mar  1 17:23:20 UTC =
2010     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

--
Alexey Tarasov