Date:      Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:52:31 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Steve Suhre <tech@nano.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail & Procmail

Steve Suhre wrote:

> I want to run spamassassin site-wide, but can't get mail to it.... I've
> followed the instructions but for some reason email isn't going through
> sendmail, into procmail, and then filtering through spamassassin.
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.6, sendmail 8.12 and have procmail installed on
> the server. Procmail runs fine from individual accounts, but I'm having
> trouble getting it to run site-wide from sendmail so I can filter email
> through spamassassin. I've got a file called "procmailrc" in /etc,
> /etc/mail and /usr/local/etc. My sendmail.mc file looks something like this:
>
> ..
> FEATURE(access_db, `hash -o -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access')
> FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
> FEATURE(local_procmail, `/usr/bin/procmail')
> FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
> FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
> MAILER(procmail)
> MAILER(local)
> MAILER(smtp)

Just a vague guess (as Ive never run spamassasin, but do run
majordomo, needing pipes ) ...

Maybe One of those features includes SMRSH or similar ?
Send Mail Restricted SHell doesnt allow pipes, last config I recall.

--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail Ascii not HTML.          Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerzen.