Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:58:37 -0700
From:      Mark Morley <mark@islandnet.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS processes locking up!!

> > > makeoptions     COPTFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -funroll-loops -ffast-math"
> >
> > Don't use leet meaningless compiler flags, and try again :)
> >
> > Kris
>
> D'oh!  <blush>  I don't normally have that in my kernel configs.
> That carried forward from the old server.  I'll remove those and
> see how it goes.

Well, that made no difference I'm afraid.  I removed all make options,
cleaned the source tree, deleted /usr/obj/* and completely rebuilt
world as well as the kernel.  A few days later it did the exact same
thing.

The change in compiler options did seem to lower the load averages
a bit though.

Possibly related: I am seeing "ufs_rename: fvp == tvp (can't happen)"
messages periodically.  Maybe one or two every 2-3 hours.  Any chance
that's a symptom of something related?

Mark
--
Mark Morley