Date:      Sat, 29 May 1999 00:48:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xl driver for 3Com

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Dennis had to
walk into mine and say:

> Note that this card/driver seems to have serious problems under heavy load.
> Just so you know.

This is statement is nothing more than baseless slander, just so *you* know.

I really hate it when:

- People claim to be having earth-shattering difficulties and then fail
  to provide *any* useful debugging information. You don't even tell us
  what version of FreeBSD you're having trouble with, or what version of
  the driver. (Nevermind exactly what card or what kind of machine you
  have it plugged into.) For all we know, your "serious problems under
  heavy load" may be due to you dropping a safe on the computer.

- People have problems, fail to report them, and then wonder why things
  don't get fixed.

If you have a real, detailed and accurate bug report to submit, then fine:
let's hear it. But if you just want to make vague and unsubstantiated
complaints, do me a favor and just keep it to yourself.

-Bill