Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 2015 14:02:21 +0900
From:      Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will 10.2 also ship with a very stale NTP?

Hi

As head already has 4.2.8 p3 in tree, MFCing this before BETA2 would be
nice because...

  *At least, authorized open stratum 1 by NICT supports only 4.2.6 or
   later for configuration line (in ntp.conf) like below.

        pool ntp.nict.jp

  *This type of configuration is NOT supported by 4.2.4 branch.
   4.2.4 still works for now, but NOT supported by NICT.

  *JST (Japanese Standard Time) is maintained by NICT.

        http://www.nict.go.jp/JST/JST_E.html
        http://www2.nict.go.jp/aeri/sts/tsp/PubNtp/index-e.html

So syncing to their NTP server by officially supported way with BASE
should be nice for Japanese users, I think.

Of course, ports has 4.2.8p3. But head also has it. The best way would
be MFCing. Is there any problem (with GPS, authenticate, etc.)?

--
青木 知明  [Tomoaki AOKI]
    junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp