Date:      Fri, 2 May 2003 12:46:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Eric Dedrick <dedrick@dsl-146-127.resnet.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ac, wtmp, newsyslog

I've currently noticed on my system that logins which straddle a change in
month no longer show up with ac.  I haven't looked at things too closely,
but I think it is possible for a user to remain logged in long enough that
they get "forgotten" when when newsyslog rotates wtmp.

Perhaps wtmp should be rotated by something a little smarter than
newsyslog -- something that will never "forget" about users with current
login sessions?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the problem, considers it to be
a problem, or has thoughts about a fix.

Thanks.