Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:45:27 -0800
From:      Ben Jencks <ben-freebsd-mobile@bjencks.net>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI Suspend, devd and rc.suspend

Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net> writes:

> Hi there,
> machine : Thinkpad z60m, acpi.ko, acpi_ibm.ko loaded, 6.1 Prerelease
> kernel and world as of yesterday.
>
> If I run zzz , /etc/rc.suspend is run. on resume, /etc/rc.resume is
> executed.
>
> If I hit Fn-F4 ( == suspend event), the acpi sets the machine to
> suspend mode, but /etc/rc.suspend is NOT executed, and neither
> is /etc/rc.resume on resume.
>
> I don't know how to tell if devd catches the suspend event. I run it in
> debug mode (devd -dD) but couldn't see anything other than all the
> device motherboard's USB hubs being pulled off and added back in.
>
> I would love some enlightenment on this subject.

In order to make this work on my T43p, I set dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=1, so
that Fn-F4 generates an acpi_ibm event (which is handled by devd) rather
than a suspend event (which tells the kernel to suspend straightaway). I
have the block

notify 10 {
        match "system"          "ACPI";
        match "subsystem"       "IBM";
        match "notify"          "0x04";
        action "/usr/sbin/zzz";
};

in my devd.conf, so that it calls zzz, which does the right thing.

 -Ben Jencks