Date:      Wed, 21 Sep 2005 01:26:26 +0900 (JST)
From:      Noritoshi Demizu <demizu@dd.iij4u.or.jp>
To:        othermark <atkin901@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rfc2385 (tcp md5 checksums) in -current broken?

> I'm testing rfc2385 support with some of our equipment with current
> as of a few days ago, and the support seems, well, rather broken.

I think there is a bug in syncache_respond().

In tcp_syncache.c rev 1.77, tcp_signature_compute() is called before
filling the TCP SACK Permitted option and the TCP EOL option.  I guess
it should be called after filling both the SACK Permitted and EOL option.

If this is the cause of the problem, I think it was broken when SACK
was imported.  However, when we suggested the change of rev 1.73, I
should notice the bug.  I am sorry I did not know how to test the
signature option well.

I will try to make a patch tomorrow.

Regards,
Noritoshi Demizu