Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 1996 16:37:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wither tcl / tk shared libraries?

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Paul Traina wrote:

> I've done a 7.5/4.1 port too for similar reasons, except I was tired of
> maintaining the shared library support.  I've done a bunch of interim and
> early tk/tcl ports and was just tired of carrying on the shared library stuff
> because it was the biggest effort.  However, if other people are going to do
> the full ports when the time is more appropriate, then it's perfectly
> reasonable for me to not get in the way of their work.

In mine, I got test failures when running the tk test, in listbox and
textDisp.  Do you see similar errors on your port?  No tcl errors at
least, and no other tk errors, but enough different listbox and textDisp
errors to alarm me.

BTW, your pique at Ousterhout and company not adding dynamic lib support
is very understandable.  Maybe I should write a note complaing about
this, seems we really should be supported.  There's a lot of makefile
support for it, which made it reasonably easy to add it.

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;