Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:27:07 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        splite@purdue.edu
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/tcsh - Imported sources

On Tue 2000-04-18 (06:05), splite@purdue.edu wrote:
> I found tcsh reasonably compatible with my csh fingers after adding these
> to my .cshrc:
>
> 	bindkey ^[ complete-word
> 	bindkey ^W backward-delete-word
> 	unset addsuffix
> 	unset autologout
>
> Though I imagine the first one will cause the tcsh users to cry foul, it
> would help satisfy POLA.

In /etc/csh.login:

unset autologout
set addsuffix
bindkey ^W backward-delete-word

if ($?tcsh) then
	if (`basename $0` == "csh") then
		# pretend to act like csh interactively
		bindkey ^[ complete-word
		unset addsuffix
	else
		# invoked as tcsh, so be intelligent
		bindkey -k up history-search-backward
		bindkey -k down history-search-forward
	endif
endif

Or something like that.  It may break for some 'su' stuff, though.

We should get lots of nifty completions too:

complete pkg_delete 'p%*%D:/var/db/pkg/% %'
complete pkg_info 'p%*%D:/var/db/pkg/% %'

Hrm, so where do I add the default ansi coloured prompt? (:

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Hacker In Chief, Sunesi Clinical Systems