Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:48:45 +0900 (JST)
From:      Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.gr.jp>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk1.3 and 4.2-RELEASE?

> Yeah, that's how I run it here too (jdk1.2.2 with OpenJIT), however it's pretty
> slow, so it'd be nice to speed it up.
>
> With the IBM jdk I get the following error:
>
> (marc@yeats) > argo
> JIT cannot get processor_num. Assuming SMP...
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError

The attention point is "java.lang.StackOverflowError". Java reports three types exception
messages. The Exception, RuntimeException, and Error is. RuntimeException and Exception
is not system critical error. But Error is system cirital error. In case of many that is not Java
code problem. In case of most, that depends on running system. IMO, the Linuxulator code
is case of this problem.

However, so far I cannot discover the problem code of Linuxulator.
Sometimes IBM JDK13 leads java.lang.StackOverflowError. I tried to improve it,
but am not settled yet.

Daichi T.GOTO(ONGS)
    http://www.ongs.net/daichi, daichi@ongs.gr.jp