Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 1997 12:11:42 -0600
From:      Hal Snyder <hal@vailsys.com>
To:        Mike Kercher <mike@synwork.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw Question

Mike Kercher wrote:

> I just setup ipfw for the first time and things seem to be working ok so
> far.  The question is, when the box reboots, are all of the chain entries
> lost?  If so, can I add them to /etc/rc.local to have them reinstated upon
> reboot?

Your chain entries are lost if you didn't edit them into the setup
scripts.  The usual way of doing this is to:

1.  edit /etc/rc.firewall to suit your needs
2.  set firewall=YES in /etc/sysconfig

At startup, /etc/rc calls /etc/sysconfig and /etc/netstart, which calls
/etc/rc.firewall.  This is at least true for FreeBSD version 2.1.5-R.