Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:59:13 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        "Mark D. Anderson" <mda@discerning.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: local changes to CVS tree

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:44:26AM -0700, Mark D. Anderson wrote:
> subversion (apache/bsd, http://subversion.tigris.org/ )
> probably the most active effort for an open source replacement for CVS.
> as of a week ago it just hits its "milestone 3", of being self-hosting
> (it was previously using CVS to keep its own sources).
> it is still being actively worked on; now is probably not a good time to
> adopt it. while it intends to supplant CVS, it is inclear to me whether
> it will support a CVSup equivalent.

You're right, this is not the time to adopt it, but I'm keeping an eye
on this one - it's actively trying to be easy for CVS users to use,
plus it tries to correct CVS's deficiencies, plus they are working
on CVS -> subversion repository conversion tools. Not to mention
the license.

Thanks for the pointer!

--Stijn

--
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."