Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:58:17 -0400
From:      Caleb Land <bokonon@rochester.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Concerning pkg_version -c and multiple package versions

Hello,
	Recently I decided to clean up the software installed on my
FreeBSD machine (4.1).  I updated my ports through cvs, and ran
"pkg_version -c > update.sh"
	I noticed that I had a bunch of ports that had multiple
installed versions (QT, vim, TK, etc.).  After looking at the script I
ran it.  When it completed, I still had multiple versions of the
software installed that I thought the script was supposed to delete.
I think I found the problem:

#
#  qt
#  multiple versions (index has 1.45,2.2.0_1)
#
cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt22
make && pkg_delete -f qt-1.45,2.2.0_1
make install

Shouldn't "pkg_delete -f qt-1.45,2.2.0_1" be "pkg_delete -f
qt-{1.45,2.2.0_1}"?

I don't know if this is a bug or how the script is supposed to be.
It's not too big of a deal, but if it supposed to delete multiple
versions with the script unedited, then I could make a simple patch
and submit it

--
Sincerely,
Caleb Land