Date:      Mon, 07 May 2001 19:50:46 +0100
From:      Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lockups with -Stable on Athlon

Eric Jacoboni wrote:

> Jonathan> Hiya
> Jonathan> I recently upgraded my machine to a 1.2GHz Athlon on
> Jonathan> a ABit KT7A motherboard, with 256MB RAM.
>
> Have the same MB (KT7A-Raid) with a 1GHz Athlon and have no problem at
> all. You have not tried to "overclock" it, isn't it ?

No, no overclocking.  Actually I'm underclocking to 1160MHz 8^)
Are you using 133MHz ram?

> To find your problem, look at the dmesg and /var/log/messages
> first. If there's nothing wrong, check your cooler (but it seems it's
> not a harware problem as others OS are working well).

Yes, that's what seems strange.  My heatsink is quite large and
feels cool to touch.  I'm wondering if my PSU is being overstretched
since it's 250W, but I haven't really got a huge amount in the
machine - but again, why do the other OSes work fine?

--
C-YA
Jon

<http://www.witchspace.com>;