Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:21:06 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integrating QMAIL in the world

We argue about this a lot.  Nobody has, as yet, ever done the work to
make "bindist" a meta-package which depends (perhaps selectively) on
sub-packages like groff, sendmail, gcc, et al. to achieve the required
state of "bundling by default but not by requirement" in FreeBSD.

This is despite the fact that we've even gotten to the level of
discussing "how it should look" many many times, and I even believe a
few people volunteered to do the work the last few times this came up.

They subsequently disappeared into the same black hole which swallows
so many prospective volunteers, it seems, and all that was left to
mark the event was the echos of thread in the mail archives. :-)

- Jordan