Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2001 13:54:06 +0200
From:      Cor Lem <c-lem@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dd: /dev//ad2: Operation not permitted

Hello again;

I'm trying to add a hd;
o) I've put it on the second-IDE as master
o) It's detected as ad2.
o) using /stand/sysinstall -> index -> Partition it tell's me No disks found!

Alternatively I've tried doing it on the comand-line using the steps
described in 'formating media' (
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/formatting-media/x65.html )

fdisk tells me it's an emty drive (so it detects it)

Issuing the following command;
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad2 count=2

result in the error;
dd: /dev/ad2: Operation not permitted

I am root, so I wonder where I go wrong ...

Any responce is apreciated.

TIA,
Cor Lem

PS
(About my previous post about apache-ssl -> will look into that in the weekend)