Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 09:49:24 -0500
From:      "Travis Leuthauser" <travis@winconx.com>
To:        "David Miller" <dmiller@search.sparks.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Multiple NIC's

No, they are on the same segment.  I'm fighting a performance issue with my
news server.  For the size of server that I'm building the recommended specs
call for multiple NICs.  That's the reason I tried adding one to see if that
would solve my performance problem.  I think I have the problem isolated,
but I was really curious about the second NIC.

I'm using DNews for my nntp software.  I've had no complaints with it.  It's
worked wonderful for us.

What I may do then as the server grows is subnet off separate networks to
allow for multiple NICs if it's absolutely necessary.  For the time being,
I've downed the second NIC.

Travis