Date:      Wed, 31 May 2006 13:05:23 +0200
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Geoffrey Giesemann <geoffwa@cs.rmit.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using imwheel with Freebsd 6.1 and xorg 6.9.0_2

Geoffrey Giesemann <geoffwa@cs.rmit.edu.au> writes:
> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:05:21AM +0200, Dag-Erling Smrgrav wrote:
> > The only problem you may run into is the IntelliMouse Explorer issue,
> > where fast scrolling in a browser window may be misinterpreted as
> > forward / backward history commands.
> I get this issue with my Dell-branded USB mouse.
>
> Is there a workaround? (or altenately, what needs be to done to fix
> this?)

Try using a USB to PS/2 adapter; moused(8) knows how to handle
Explorer mice attached to the PS/2 port.

The correct way to fix this is to ditch ums(4) and teach moused(8) how
to operate directly on a uhid(4) device, so we don't have to duplicate
logic (and bugs, and bug fixes) in moused(8), psm(4) and ums(4).
Jordan Sissel <psionic@csh.rit.edu> is working on this:

http://www.semicomplete.com/projects/newpsm

DES
--=20