Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 07:22:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: su and aliases question

Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org> wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > Well, i just don't understand.  I have my aliases in both .zshenv and
 > .zshrc, and in both my home directory and in root.  And when i type 'su
 > -m' and my password, my only remaining aliases are:
 >
 > run-help=man
 > which-command=whence
 >
 > I don't even know where these come from.

They're zsh-builtins.

 > Any ideas on what is going
 > wrong?  I made sure my home directories are correct in the passwd db, and
 > i also removed the old 'toor' home directory.

No idea, sorry.  :-(
I can just repeat that it works for me.

You could try to put some "echo foo" or something like that in
your startup scripts, in order to see whether they're executed
at all.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)