Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:29:03 +1300
From:      Joe Abley <jabley@patho.gen.nz>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: People getting automatically unsub'ed from -arch

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 11:21:52AM -0700, Sean Eric Fagan wrote:
> In article <19991011124621.A3A0114BEB.kithrup.freebsd.current@hub.freebsd.org> you write:
> >	only one comment.   i remove people from the lists whenever
> >their email bounces.  the threshhold is approximately 30 messages in a
> >24 hour period.   mail may bounce due to DNS problems, mail box full,
> >MTA misconfiguration.  i also remove people that send vacation
> >messages to the list.  oh, and spammers.
>
> My mail _has not bounced_.  And yet I have been removed.

You have no way of knowing whether inbound mail to you has bounced, or
not. Why are you so adamant that mail has not bounced?

This discussion is a little one-sided, and is getting personal for some
reason. Jmb: on behalf of the many people who have _not_ experienced
problems (and those who have, but are not blaming you for them), thanks
for your efforts.

To those who _have_ experienced problems, remember this is a volunteer
effort. Would you flame someone on a public list if you found a bug
in the code they had contributed?

Joe