Date:      Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:08:14 +0200
From:      Eric Devolder <eric.devolder@gmail.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to recompile a port in a clean maneer?

I know this may seem weird to downgrade. Actually I'm working in the
information security area. I want to setup an old (and vulnerable)
wu-ftpd release, with specific compilation options. But I want it to
be as close as possible to the freebsdb package.

Thank you to everybody for supporting me on this! I could find
valuable information there. and freebsd is really cool!

2005/10/6, Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>:
> Eric Devolder wrote:
> > Thank you Chuck, now I better understand what's behind this. Maybe
> > just a side question: Can I "refresh" the files contained in
> > /usr/ports with the one of an older release? for example, I would like
> > to use ports from 4.3 while I'm running a 4.11 for now. Of course, my
> > /usr/ports reflects only ports for 4.11. How can I replace them with
> > the 4.3 ones?
>
> If you have a /usr/ports tree corresponding to 4.3, I suppose you could s=
imply
> copy that to a 4.11 system.  Or as someone else mentioned, you could use =
CVS to