Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:15:52 -0800
From:      Don Rose <mythias@cdsnet.net>
To:        Greg Cook <freebsd@vnews.net>, "'FreeBSD-Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9 quick questions :) Somewhat Long

I can answer a couple of those for you, or at least try.

1. ls /var/db/pkg
2. Easiest way I know of, "make deinstall" in the port's dir.
3. Look into a program called cvsup, goes out and queries servers for any
and all updates to ported applications, and system source code.
6. use "vipw", allows direct editing of the password file and reloads it
upon exit to make changes take effect.

Hope this helps out a little.