Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2019 08:59:31 +0300
From:      Ivo Karabojkov <karabojkov@kit.bg>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: starting virtual box VM instantly crashes FreeBSD after upgrade from 11 to 12

I had the same problem. It occurs when a virtual machine has bridged
adapter and VirtualBox is compiled without VIMAGE support on FreeBSD
12.0. More details you can find here:

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/virtualbox-5-2-22-causes-kernel-panic-=
with-bridged-adapter.68787/#post-411096

On 2.4.2019 =D0=B3. 08:04 =D1=87., Graham Menhennitt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I recently upgraded my desktop box from 11-Stable to 12-Stable via
> source. I've rebuilt and installed the 5.2.26 virtualbox-ose and
> virtualbox-ose ports from scratch and made sure that no traces of
> older versions exist.
>
> I start the VirtualBox GUI successfully and see the table of my VMs. I
> select one of them and start it and FreeBSD instantly crashes. My
> screen goes blank and eventually FreeBSD reboots.
>
> The only thing I can see in my /var/log/messages is:
>
> =C2=A0 Apr=C2=A0 2 15:07:14 starker kernel: vboxdrv: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX V=
MMR0.r0
> =C2=A0 Apr=C2=A0 2 15:07:14 starker kernel: vboxdrv: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX V=
BoxDDR0.r0