Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:56:52 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM T30 USB issue:   kernel: uhub2: device problem, disabling port 1

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 10:02:47AM -0800, Lee Damon wrote:

> When I try to activate a Bluetooth USB device, I get the following error:
>   Apr  1 09:57:26 tylendel kernel: uhub2: device problem, disabling port 1
>
> I am reasonably convinced it isn't a problem with the bluetooth daughter
> card (but can be convinced otherwise, of course).

Additional hints on this can be found in the freebsd-mobile archive,
look for posts were the topic contains 'Bluetooth on IBM T30' which are
about a week old.

This is a problem that exists for some time, and I am also willing to
help fix it. It is not specific for IBM T30, but happens on a varety of
laptops, and probably as well on desktops that have an usb hub connected.

Also, I get the same error on my T30 when I resume it from suspend mode
with 4.8 Prerelease, then the usb mouse dies. This did NOT happen with
a 4.7 stable built some time around december 2002. But then I have no
idea if this is related to the above problem.

kind regards, t.