Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:26:00 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        tarkhil@mgt.msk.ru
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Win 95 PPP faster than pppd?

> > I recently did some quick tests on pppd under -current & 2.2.2.  In
> > comparison, the older 2.2.2 pppd *sucks*.
> >
> > pppd 2.3.1 from -current either matched or out-performed user-ppp,
> > and both trod all over pppd from 2.2.2.
> Don't you know, can I merge pppd 2.3.1 with -stable?

It may not be that easy.  There are kernel mods that need to be done.
You could examine the commit logs to see what peter needed to do to
upgrade -current....

Your best bet may be to ask Peter if he plans to merge it back into
2.2, but I suspect the answer will be no.

Try ppp :-)

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;