Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 1995 21:12:44 +0900
From:      Atsushi Murai <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Conner 1.05 GB Wide no work

brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger) wrote:
:I reported a few days ago to this forum that I was getting
:various Timeout errors from an adaptec 2940W when accessing
:a Conner 1.05GB Wide drive.
:
:I tried turning off disconnection, sync, and wide negotitation and
:the problem seemed to get worse.

Check the firmware version, Because old firmware of conner has
fatal bug in their cahce architecutre - 256K Bytes write/read by
one issue a scsi command it's messed up their cache. It's never
occure on dos enviroment. Addition I couldn't point out the version
but you may try to check conner's bbs and get firmware upgaration.

Atsushi.

--
Atsushi Murai                                         E-Mail: amurai@spec.co.jp
SPEC                                                  Voice : +81-3-3833-5341