Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:15:37 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee, craig@2400baud.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IMAP Authentication

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 05:54:50 -0800
Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

Hi,

> I use courier-imapd with SquirrelMail, and it rocks. It doesn't knock
> my socks off when it's using really large directories, though. I save
> every porn spam I get (dunno why... I get about 50/day), and it takes
> my

Heh, I didn't know spam was a collectible now :-P Good lord, set a
higher threshold in spamassassin and ln -s ~/Mail/spam to /dev/null,
works like a charm :)

> server about a good 5 minutes to parse the directory each time I open
> the folder in mutt. Or squirrelmail.

That seems to be pretty common. Although it has gotten slightly better,
sylpheed used to take a long time scanning folders with say, 500 or more
messages in them. 0.8.7+ seem to have gotten a bit better. Surprisingly,
Mozilla's mail client scans those folders in seconds, too bad I don't
like the rest of its features.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net