Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:27:13 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
Cc:        Steve Coles <scoles@tripos.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Relative merits of IPFIREWALL and IPFILTER

*nod*

Just some examples are:

# Check state of all stateful connections
ipfw add check-state

# Allow in any packets that are part of an existing connection
ipfw add pass tcp from any to x.x.x.x in via rl0 established

# Allow outbound tcp/udp packets with state
ipfw add allow tcp from x.x.x.x to any out via rl0 keep-state setup
ipfw add allow udp from x.x.x.x to any out via rl0 keep-state
ipfw add allow icmp from x.x.x.x to any out via rl0 keep-state

I only recently found out about it too...  :)

Cheers,
Marc