Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 11:29:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      chad@anasazi.com (Chad R. Larson)
To:        gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        chad@anasazi.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail debugging

> Chad R. Larson wrote in message ID
> <9705102203.AA26848@chad.anasazi.com>:
> > Is it just me?  I can't get the -d0 switch to do anything useful.
>
> >     /usr/sbin/sendmail -q30m -bd -d0.1
>                                 ^^
>
> Did you really mean to leave the detatch-and-act-as-daemon flag in
> there? :) It explains the behaviour you are seeing...

Yes.  Quoting the O'Reilly "Bat" book (page 619):

    "The -d0.1 command-line switch prevents sendmail from forking and
    detaching itself, even when being run with -bd.  This is necessary
    to see the output produced by other debugging switches when running
    sendmail as a daemon."

I'm claiming that doesn't work on the versions I have (8.8.3, 8.8.5) on
FreeBSD 2.1.[57].

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                          Brother, can you paradigm?
602-870-3330    chad@anasazi.com     chad@anasaz.UUCP      chad@dcfinc.com