Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:00:47 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd log entry

Recently this has started showing up in my logs

Aug 20 21:09:18 uav /kernel: PM-^PM-^P
Aug 29 08:44:03 uav mountd[137]: umountall request from 128.8.215.158
from unprivileged port
Aug 29 08:44:11 uav last message repeated 3 times

and this is in the daily security check output...

uav.umd.edu kernel log messages:
>   -- MARK --
>   syslogd: /dev/console: Interrupted system call

This particular machine has been under continuous bombardment since
February. So far its only been the supposedly harmless rpc.statd
exploit. Seeing these new log entries has me a little worried. The
unmountall requests are originating on the machine itself
(128.8.215.158) which makes me nervous.

This box is running 4.4-RC5 and is completely headless (no video card,
no keyboard, no mouse) and is configured for a serial console.

Do I have anything to worry about?