Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:55:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        ScaryG <scaryg@sputnik.org>
Cc:        Kurtis Smith <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Traffic shaping natd dhcp and ipfw

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, ScaryG wrote:

> > Well at my work they are wanting to block
> > entire access including www, FTP, email for certain machines.
>
>  I don't know why you're looking at DHCP and leases.
>
>  Assuming your FreeBSD box is your gateway, you should be looking at
> /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny I would think.
>
>  Or, adding some rules to ipfw.
>
>  I don't have any "links" to toss your way, but I'm sure 'man hosts' or
> 'man hosts.deny' etc may help.

	You should add firewall rules via ipfw to block them (if your BSD
	machine is the gateway for those machines you want to block).
	Give them a static IP in DHCP and block them via ipfw:

	ipfw add deny tcp from X.X.X.X to any 80

	Where X.X.X.X is the machine on your local net that you want to
	block.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Keep on Routing in a Free World...
 "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"