Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 00:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/3927: xview library fails on -current and on 2.2.x

The following reply was made to PR ports/3927; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To: frankd@yoda.fdt.net (Frank Seltzer)
Cc: asami@cs.berkeley.edu, helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De,
        freebsd-gnats-submit@hub.freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:22:28 +0200 (MET DST)

 Hi Frank,

 The xview-lib packages of all releases are symlinked to the
 same file. At least on ftp.freebsd.org--I assume the same goes for
 the mirrors. So I don't think it's worthwhile to test  different
 releases.

 But I do think, the following test will give us some more hints:

 o Delete all packages that use the xview library and then delete
   the packages xview-config-3.2.1 and xview-lib-3.2.1

 o Edit the file /usr/include/sys/types.h:
   Change
   #define	FD_SETSIZE 256
   #define	FD_SETSIZE 1024

 o rebuild the xview-lib from the ports: cd to /usr/ports/x11/xview-lib
   and run ``make clean all install''

 o add an xview application, like workman, run it and see what happens.

 Thanks for your time!

 Wolfgang