Date:      28 Feb 2003 11:34:03 +1100
From:      Benno Rice <benno@jeamland.net>
To:        Sean_Welch@alum.wofford.org
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA patch and others

--=-xn8BYzMqxpJycLlTADmi

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 09:16, Sean Welch wrote:
> Found the problem!  It was sendmail.  I had to add the following
> to my rc.conf:
>=20
> sendmail_submit_enable=3D"NO"
>=20
> Looked like maybe it couldn't resolve localhost.  Sendmail=20
> still starts but doesn't hang the box.
>=20
> I tried to run ppp on dev/ttya but it complained it was=20
> failing to initialize the device -- no echo back.  Exiting
> the program produced a complaint that the physical speed
> couldn't be set to "0".

Hmm.  I'll have to play with that at some point.
Note that zs doesn't have the right bits to do proper modem control
yet.  It was written purely as a console driver for now.

> I wasn't able to use vi because it couldn't find a terminal
> database -- I'll look for that.
>=20
> I wanted to see if the USB would work but there are no=20
> kernel modules -- do I have to recompile the kernel with
> USB enabled or can the module be built and run?

You don't want to do that. =3D)  ofwcons uses the USB controller for it's
keyboard, and if FreeBSD sticks it's nose in and tries to take control
of the USB controller, Bad Things(tm) will happen.

> Is there any way to drop back down to the OFW prompt from
> FreeBSD?  I tried a sysreset -r but it just halted and
> ignored further input. I got the same results with halt...

Not yet.  That needs to be addressed.

--=20
Benno Rice <benno@jeamland.net>

--=-xn8BYzMqxpJycLlTADmi