Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 19:41:48 +0200
From:      wcp@luppolo.lpds.sublink.org (Walter C. Pelissero)
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   wrong reads from CD-ROM

Does anybody know why my Goldstar CD-ROM (GCD-R320) start to read
wrongly without any complain from the device driver?

I simply
	cp /cdrom/some.file /var/tmp
and then
	cmp /cdrom/some.file /var/tmp/some.file

and files differ.  No error from cp nor from the device driver.

The CD-ROM reader is hooked on an Adaptec 2940 and on the same scsi
bus there is a Quantum Fireball1080S hard disk and a HP C1533A DAT,
both working well. So I belive it shouldn't be a termination problem.

Any help will be appreciated.