Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 13:53:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux CD question

  A coworker just showed me a newsletter that she subscribed to
  from some Linuxers.  Among the info was this sales list::

  Offer # WMX019  Quantities in stock are limited.
  Offer expires Jan 31, 1997, or when current supplies run out

  Item#   Offer
  LXCDR   Linux Pro 4.0 6 CD Set, normally $49 on sale at ............... $39
  BKLXENC Linux Encyclopedia, printed LDP 4th edition, $49 on sale at ... $29
  LXAPPO  ApplixWare GUI Office Suite Professional Edition $495, on sale $299
  LXAPPE  ApplixWare GUI Office Suite Education Edition  $79, on sale at  $69
   (same as Pro Ed, fax of student id or faculty id proves that you qualify)
   LXRHO   Red Hat Official Linux version 4.0 with Metro-X, $49, on sale   $39
   LXCDE   X-Inside Accelerated X-Server/Common Desktop/Motif Bundle at   $249
   LXWABI  Caldera WABI, run Microsoft Windows 16bit software on Linux .. $199
   FSCD    FlagShip CD containing test drives and activatable versions
	   of FlagShip for most variants of UNIX and also Linux.
		   Includes Linux Single user key, normally $220, sale price .... $149

  Comment-one: it's great to see the Free-unix movement picking up
  speed.

  Comment-two: eventually, hopefully these apps will be recompiled for
  FBSD.

  My questions are: can I, using the linux-compat libs, use the Linux
  Encyclopedia on my FreeBSD system?  Had anybody heard of the Caldera
  WABI?  I don't have many dos/win apps, but can get gigabytes of them
  Win 3.X free or cheap.

  To spare the questions group junk, please send any feedback on what's
  happening to the chat mailing list and cc me.

  gary kline