Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 14:34:47 -0400
From:      Jerry Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        FreeBSD advocacy list <FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, wghicks@remote.my.domain
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

[snips]

> We could be wrong.  Question to everybody who's seen Brett's messages:
> should he continue, or should he stop?  If the consensus is that he
> should continue, I'll shut up (that places no similar requirement on
> Jordan, of course :-)

[shrug]  It takes all types to make the world go 'round.  Linux doesn't seem
to be harmed at all by overly passionate advocacy.

I'll have to agree with Wes Peters.  We need to convice more managers that
FreeBSD is viable for helping them solve real world problems.  The mainstream
computing press isn't really that impressive, or unbiased.  We need to seek
out new venues.

Personally, I am very grateful for Walnut Creek's assistance to the FreeBSD
project.  Almost certainly, FreeBSD would not have advanced to its current
form without WC.

It might be easy to criticize, but then again, try walking a mile in Jordan's
shoes.  It won't be easy.

Perhaps we could start a contribution fund for additional marketing?  Where
do I send my $$$'s?

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net