Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:18:27 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        "claude mandine" <cl.mandine@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: generating a FeeBSD system

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:29:59 +0200
"claude mandine" <cl.mandine@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I read a lot of stuff on your site, but I still don't understand what I have
> to download and where and how I can start a system generation WITHOUT a CD,
> just being under Window and having a free partition on my Hard disk.
>
> could you help me?

First, read the install section of the handbook.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html
Read the _entire_ thing.
Second, backup your Windows data.
Third, test your Windows backup to be sure it's good.
Then, download a boot floppy image and get started:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-pre.html#INSTALL-FLOPPIES

If you are not 100% sure that you've backed up your data, don't
start the install process.  It's very common for folks to destroy
their Windows partition if they're not familiar with the process.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.