Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 11:54:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Hudginsj@smtp.dancooks.com (Jason Hudgins)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: backing up our freebsd box

Jason Hudgins asked:
> We are using a FreeBSD box as our webserver on our network...we would
> like to back it up to our netware 4.1 server, which has a big 9 gig
> tape backup running backup exec.  Whats the best way to do this...for
> security reasons we don't want to have our netware volumes mounted on
> our freebsd box...can anyone offer me any suggestions about
> how to do this?

The cheapest and easiest way would be to buy another tape drive for the
FreeBSD system.  Seriously.

Novell sells a TCP/IP interconnect system for NetWare servers; it may
(or may not) support the UNIX/TCP/IP rmt (remote mag tape) protocol for
tape drives attached to the NetWare server.  If it does, you could use
tar, cpio, or dump to backup the UNIX system to the tape drive on the
server.