Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:50:17 -0300
From:      Mario Olofo <mario.olofo@gmail.com>
To:        Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, Ulf Rudolf <u.rudolf@web.de>
Subject:   Re: FBSD 12.1 - LightDM don't grab keyboard input & Xfce4 window decorator problem

>  This depends on how you updated it. I could guess you used
>  freebsd-update at some point, but only you can know for sure.

Indeed I did a freebsd-update, but I thought it just update the system to
patch vulnerabilities, not change it to release...

To check which version of FreeBSD you are using should be possible with
> freebsd-version(1), check it's man page, I'm not using stable versions,
> only releases and current, and I'm not sure what the output is on stable.
>
> Migrating from quarterly to latest is done by configuring pkg, you
> should read the full pkg.conf(5) man page. The EXAMPLES section has
> examples clearly explaining what you are asking for.

Thank you, I should have take a look on man pages before ask, after the
change, the pkg was updated successfully.

This all depends on what you did on your system, any suggestion can only
> be generic. You need to know your system condition.
>
> You stated that you mixed binary packages installed via pkg from the
> official repositories with locally built ports. As I said this is not
> really supported, and if you only compiled locally part of Xorg and
> mixed it with quarterly packages you have an high risk of having
> inconsistent binaries on your system.
>
> Check your logs for useful errors.

Yeah, I mixed pkg and ports but after that I removed all ports packages and
reinstalled the pkg version, so the system reverted to a safe/stable state.
After the change to latest, the pkg upgrade found a lot of files to update,
including xorg-server, xfce and xorg-drivers.
But, after the update to latest, only my usb mouse is detected on xserver
now...
The log don't have any errors, the Xorg log don't have any output about
touchpad and laptop keyboard too.

The glitch in window titles was fixed after the update, so this is now ok
=).
The only problem now is the keyboard/touchpad in X.
I need to rebuild the kernel too? Any other command I can run to check if I
need something more?

Thank you

Mario