Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        Matthew Reimer <mreimer@vpop.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MFC pthreads before 3.2 is released?

I've been meaning to ask about something related to this.

I've got a box that's doing some light services - apache, PostgreSQL,
Perforce;, running the distributed.net code (and if you're not a
member of team FreeBSD, you should be), and playing workstation.

Some comments on the PostgreSQL list make me think that adding a
second processor wouldn't be that much of a benefit, as the locking in
the -STABLE branch increases the contention.

Anyone got advice on this?

	Thanx,
	<mike