Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:15:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      mdg <mdg@madness.mdgnet.org>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is using dummynet and not loosing the firewall functionality possible?

you could use an ipfw skipto rule ...

ipfw add 100 pipe (X)
ipfw add 110 skipto 130 ip from any to xserver:port
ipfw add 120 pipe (other)
ipfw add 130 blah

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

::: Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:21:33 +0200 (WET)
::: From: Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
::: To: mdg <mdg@madness.secureworks.net>
::: Cc: freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
::: Subject: Re: Is using dummynet and not loosing the firewall
:::     functionality possible?
:::
::: Yes but then the problem is little bit different.
::: I want these people behind ed1 interface to connect everywhere through a
::: pipe with 128Kbit/s but they should be able to reach the X machine with
::: unlimited bandwidth.
::: The solution I found was that I put a rule for X machine and then another
::: rule for the rest of internet.
::: But if I set net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass to 0 then they are caught by both
::: of the pipes and they are always limited with 128Kbit/s pipe (the smaller
::: one)
::: So how can I use firewall rules and pipes and at the same time let my
::: users to connect to some specific machine with unlimited bandwidth?
:::
::: Evren
:::