Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:20:58 -0400
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        Petri Helenius <pete@he.iki.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

* Petri Helenius <pete@he.iki.fi> [030608 14:11]:
> Is there a preferred way / patchset to the Makefiles to build mysql with =
libkse?

Since libkse should be a drop-in replacement for libc_r, the easiest=20
thing to do is to rebuild your rtld with libmap support.  Then you can=20
build the mysql ports to link to libc_r as normal, and reroute the=20
linker to libkse at load time.  To do this:

* Add 'WITH_LIBMAP=3Dyes' to /etc/make.conf
* Rebuild world (1)
* Create /etc/libmap.conf that looks like (2):

[mysqld]
libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1    =20
libc_r.so               libkse.so

[/usr/local/bin/mysqld]
libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1    =20
libc_r.so               libkse.so

* Repeat for any other apps you want to use libkse (3).
* Retart mysql.

Things to note:

(1) You only really need to rebuild rtld-elf, so a simple:

cd /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf ; make install

should work.  I never assume my source is in sync w/ my installed=20
world, though, so I just rebuild the whole thing to be safe.

(2) man libmap.conf shows the (rather simple) syntax for the file. =20
The only catch is that you need to specify the full pathname to the=20
binary being run through the runtime loader (thus the reason for [bin]=20
and [/path/to/bin] sections).  I find it easier to follow the premise=20
of the example in the man page: globally replace libc_r -> libkse (or=20
libthr) and only exclude those programs that absolutely need it.

(3) Obviously, when libkse gets renamed to libpthead you'll need to=20
fix the config file :)

--Mike

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy--