Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 22:10:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James Howard <howardjp@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /etc/security -> /etc/periodic/security ?

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Umm, which knobs?  I added the only two options the security stuff currently
> uses, what else does it need?

For each script under /etc/periodic/{daily,weekly,monthly}/, there is a
knob in /etc/defaults/periodic.  This controls whether the script is run
and maybe gives it some options.  For instance, the daily/440.status-mailq
knobs look like this:

	# 440.status-mailq
	daily_status_mailq_enable="YES"			# Check mail status
	daily_status_mailq_shorten="NO"			# Shorten output

There should be equivalent for each of the security scripts.

As I mentioned when I first brought this mess up, I am porting the scripts
to Red Hat 6.2.  I have all of them done except for the security
scripts.  I am waiting to see if any when a finalized version of these end
up in the tree.  I plan on making an RPM available of it all when done.

Jamie