Date:      Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:14:14 +1100
From:      Antony Mawer <fbsd-hackers@mawer.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   libutil properties_read() bug: patch for review

Hi,

I recently hit upon a bug in sysinstall, getting an "Invalid realloc
size of 0" error that caused sysinstall to terminate. I eventually
tracked it down to a bug in the properties_read() function of libutil,
which occurs only when reading a properties file of 4096 bytes or
greater. This is because libutil discards its current state when the
buffer runs out (4096 bytes) and it must refill the buffer, causing the
properties file (*.inf) to be incorrectly read.

I've made a patch that's attached to the PR I filed, PR 89181, but was
hoping to get some extra eyes on the patch to make sure that there's
nothing amiss with the patch:

Hopefully someone can review this and see about getting it committed for
6.1!

-Antony